Tuesday 8 May 2012

Timeless Interiors


Axel Vervoordt – I stumbled across Axel while trawling antique sites and have been a complete fan ever since. I managed to source his book,  Timeless Interiors. These two images are from that book.

Axel is an antique dealer and collector based in Belgium. He hit the public radar with his magnificent display of recovered ming vases at the 1984 Antiques Fair in Paris.

This room has such a relaxed feel at the same time being very “done” if that makes sense. Uncluttered lines combined with the harmonious colour, it is well put together.  The Hans vase housing the oversized fern branch on the antique Chinese console, I love the way it drapes itself across – eluding to that relaxed nature of the room.

I will continue to share pages that inspire.
x
ps: let me know if you would like you’re very own copy

No comments:

Post a Comment